Sunday, June 19, 2011

Wow~ Its been a busy start to the summer!

Hi Everyone! I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to get back on here and write. It's been a crazy hectic start to summer.

Happy Fathers Day!!!
First off, On April 27, we had some horrific storms tip thru our area, and along with them came some eF4 and eF5 Tornado's. They missed us by about a mile.. It was really bad. There are several neighborhoods that sustained a ton of damage.. Many homes and businesses were flattened.  One area near our kids school, about 80% of the homes are no longer there.   
It's going to take some time for our area to rebuild and be strong again. Even though its been almost two months, when the wind gets strong, our power and internet sometimes goes out. We were without power for about a week when the storms hit.. This year seems to have been the most dramatic weather wise.  I really hope it calms down..

On to Happier Thoughts.

Kalli Alba & Stephs Designs have really been picking up on business, thanks to all our wonderful fans, word of mouth and Etsy!
We now ship international!! Its very exciting.. We have gowns going to Canada & Australia!  We have gowns going all over, including Hollywood!
You guys are truly awesome!!!!

We have some new designs that are coming out to. While we will ALWAYS design and sew the fluffy gorgeous Tutu Gowns, I have different styles that I am in the process of working on. 

My goal for my business is to expand to include all forms of bridal wear, from Flower Girls to Brides.
I've got several things in the works right now, but first off is my Vow Renewal Gown for next Summer.  (If I have the time)  Orders have picked up so much in the past month, that we have people booking out as far as February 2012.

It seems so surreal that only about 3 months ago, my turn-around time was about 2 1/2 weeks, and now Its at LEAST 6-8 weeks... With 8 weeks being more the norm.

I am loving all the new designs that I have been working with Brides on for their flower girl gowns.  I'm loving the color schemes even more.

We have the Vintage theme which has been very popular lately.  Ivory with Burgundy (Crimson)-which has been one of my favorite gowns so far!  Peacock Colored...and for one coming up, its a very Fall themed wedding with Chocolate Bodice with Orange and Burgundy skirting...



One of the projects I can not wait to get started on though, its for a sweet little girl whom is all princess. I'm creating for her a Pinkalicious Whimsical Gown, that has a detachable train!  I can not wait to create this gown. The Bodice of this gown is unlike anything that I've ever created so far!

I'm going to include some pictures now, so I hope you enjoy them!!


 I hope you all like the newer pictures, and don't forget to fan us over at
www.facebook.com/KalliAlba    


No comments:

Post a Comment